From: Paul A Bristow (pbristow_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-09-10 12:51:36

I strongly agree with this - IMO far too many libraries are only getting
serious attention at the review stage, when useful input is really much too
late.

And in many cases there is far too little user 'real-life' experience - the
source of useful examples and confirmation that theory matches practice.

I think we need to somehow get much closer to final agreement before the
Formal review stage, when, in a way, acceptance should be almost a
formality.

Is a two stage review/acceptance process a way to improve?

1 Float the idea.
2 Get some support.
3 Get some feedback.
4 'in principle' review and if OK then
5 Boost library 'candidate' status, and move to a separate 'nearly ready'
files area.
5 Refine with feedback.
6 Formal review, and if OK then else revert to 'nearly ready'.
7 Formal acceptance.
8 Add to next Boost release.

Paul

Paul A Bristow