From: John Maddock (john_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-09-14 04:47:23

>> A while ago didn't someone submit a TR1 conforming hash table
>> implementation that defers to the std lib where possible? We probably
>> ought to fix this properly by creating <boost/hash_map.hpp> etc rather
>> like we created <boost/limits.hpp> to work around a similar problem.
>
> I was about to send out those tweaks for hash_set, I guess I'll hold off.
> Far as I can tell the actual use of a hash is restricted to
> graph/adjacency_list... Also I saw the mail from Jonathan Wakely about
> the namespace in 3.0 and __GLIBCXX__ in 3.4, so those patches are
> incomplete at best (and they do break that graph module). I'll volunteer
> to have a go at it this, if you like, and if you care to clarify a bit
> what the issues are. It would be nice to have this hash in one place.

Thanks, yes if you want to take this one on then that would be great. BTW,
I've checked and we have two complete hash table implementations in the
Boost files section (http://groups.yahoo.com/group/boost/files/), IMO it's a
pity one of these hasn't been brought up for review, but I guess the most
important thing is to sort out the wrapping of existing std lib
implementations.

John.