From: Vladimir Prus (ghost_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-09-15 03:13:56

Hi Harri,

> Looking at program_options headers, it does not appear to guard
> against BOOST_NO_STD_WSTRING being defined?

Hmm... there's a lot of #ifdef BOOST_NO_STD_WSTRING in the current CVS
version. Do you use that version?

> This poses a problem when using gcc on platforms such as Solaris,
> HP-UX, as functions like std::codecvt<wchar_t, char,
> __mbstate_t>::do_length(...) are not defined in the libstdc++.
>
> Is this a know problem, should I come up with a patch, or what?

If you're using CVS version, and run into a problem which proper #ifdef will
fix, I'd appreciate if you send a patch. I have no access to Solaris or
HP-UX, so I have to rely on user's help.

Thanks,
Volodya