From: Hugo Duncan (hugoduncan_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-09-15 15:55:05

Carlo Wood wrote:

> On Wed, Sep 15, 2004 at 04:05:00PM -0400, Hugo Duncan wrote:
>> The proactor and reactor classes in giallo know nothing of sockets
>> etc, and they can run in whichever thread you want.
>
> Where exactly can I read about the API of this part?
> I cannot imagine at the moment how this would work :/ (see my previous
> post)

documentation is sorely lacking... but giallo adds a level of indirection
to what I have understood of your current thinking:

reads, writes etc are not directly initiated by the demultiplexer,
rather by the connection class, which is responsable for
combining the socket (pipe, or whatever else) class with the
demultiplexer, hiding the details of which demultiplexer is
used and ensuring the socket is in the correct blocaking/non-blocking/
asynch mode.