From: Jonathan Graehl (jonathan_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-09-15 18:18:42

I somehow mangled what I meant beyond recognition (although I think
Vladimir understood my intention)

There already exists the capability:
value<type>(&variable)->default_value(default,"displayed version of
default")
which gives a usage string
-option: arg (=displayed version of default)

I was asking for something like:
value<type>(&variable)->default_value(default,"displayed version of
default","displayed version of argument type")
which would give
-option: displayed version of argument type (=displayed version of default)

Although,
->type_text("displayed version of argument
type")->default_value(default)->default_text("displayed version of default")

might be considered more legible. I prefer the existing positional
arguments overload (the meaning should be obvious from context as well
as library documentation, and remember, you'll be typing many of these
options)

Also, I'm not sure why 0-argument items couldn't appear in a config
file. I declare the number of arguments used by options before I parse
the config file, after all.

-Jonathan