From: Brian Riis (brian_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-09-16 07:42:43

Robert Ramey wrote:
>> Again, Robert, I have to thank you immensely for the Serialization
>> library. It has made my life much easier.
>

>> Anyway, I was wondering, since you state in the manual that all STL
>> containers are supported, why I can't seem to find std::bitset in
>> that. I realize that it is probably not the most common container
>> to serialize, but still. Also, considering the is Boost library
>> now, I'm wondering about the apparent absence of serialization for
>> boost::tuple. It's not the end of the world (I can write them
>> myself rather easily, I suppose), but for completeness I'd think at
>> least Boost.Tuple should be supported.
>

> LOL - I never heard of std::bitset until you mentioned it. Also I
> think I overlooked vector<bool> as well.

Well, as I said: not the most often used STL collection. Anyway, I have
now, what I *think* is a working std::bitset serialization routine.
Needs a little testing, though. Also I've written no test case (yet).

You *did* remember std::vector<bool> though. It's in
<boost/serialization/vector.hpp>, so no problems here.

I'll see if I can get a test case thrown together for std::bitset. I'll
take a look at boost::tuple as well (but that should be big time
trivial, so... :) )

> Feel free to implement serialization for them and put your name on
> it. Make a test and we'll add it in.

Working on it...

--
  /Brian Riis