From: Robert Ramey (ramey_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-09-16 16:48:00

Pavel Vozenilekwrote:

>> The following program:
>>

>> #include <boost/mpl/list.hpp>
>> #include <boost/test/test_tools.hpp>
>>
>> fails to compile with borland compilers with the messages:
>>
>> c:\BoostMainCVS\libs\serialization\test\test_zmisc.cpp:
>> Error E2479 C:\BoostMainCVS\boost/next_prior.hpp 30: Cannot have both
>> a template class and function named 'next'
>>

>Old BCB bug, e.g.
> (http://tinyurl.com/5ltk9)

>It won't be fixed, ever.

>One ugly way is to use macro:

>#include <boost/mpl/list.hpp>
>#define next xyz
>#include <boost/test/test_tools.hpp>
>#undef next

>other is to separate code into two TUs.

I don't think this will work for me as it shows up due to file header
inclusion about 7 levels deep.

Note that this is a new phenomenon that I believed was introduced with the
latest MPL update. I realize that's it's a lot, but would it possible for
the authors of the two libraries to agree that the name be changed in one of
them just so I that us users don't have to resort to a hack such as the
above?

Robert Ramey