From: Andreas Huber (ah2003_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-09-17 12:39:36

David Abrahams <dave <at> boost-consulting.com> writes:
> "Andreas Huber" <ah2003 <at> gmx.net> writes:
> > That would be one possibility. However I think the double colon still
> > hints too much in the direction that there is a namespace called
> > Boost::Thread. Boosters of course know that namespace identifiers are
> > lowercase, but an outsider maybe doesn't. Since we can't consistently
> > name libs after the namespace they're residing in I now totally agree
> > with Dave that we should choose a naming convention that has obviously
> > nothing to do with C++ identifiers whatsoever. Plus, Dave's convention
> > has the advantage that only very few people need to change the names
> > in the docs/books, etc.
>
> Does that change your vote?

I guess you ask because of the word "totally". Sorry, not *that* totally ;-).
When I wrote "Dave's convention" I meant the one with captitalized names and
one dot between the names (Boost.Python) as opposed to the one I preferred
(boost::python). This has nothing to do with the vote.

Regards,

Andreas