From: Tony Juricic (tonygeek_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-09-18 06:18:04

I was using serialization MSVC solution file to build modules and found some
problems.

1) Hard-coded paths should be avoided.
Example: test_exported project contains path
c:/boost/lib/libboost_test_exec_monitor-vc71-sgd.lib.
Instead it should contain:
"$(ProjectDir)../../../bin/boost/libs/test/build/libboost_test_exec_monitor.
lib/vc7.1/$(OutDir)/runtime-link-static/libboost_test_exec_monitor-vc71-sgd-
1_32.lib"

2) Notice quotes around the new path above. It is recommended to use quotes
for paths that may contain spaces. For example if ProjectDir variable was
C:\My Tests you will get confusing build error message.

The above applies to many other serialization test projects.

If anybody wants me, I'll be more than happy to test and suggest fixes for
MSVC builds, versions 6,7.1 or 8.0 Express. IOW, so much I dislike bjam.
Nothing specific for bjam, though: there is not a single cross-platform
build tool that I liked, like or will ever like.

Tony