From: Maximilian Wilson (wilson.max_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-09-21 10:38:08

On Sun, 19 Sep 2004 01:33:26 -0400, Miro Jurisic <macdev_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> In article <ciieha$70o$1_at_[hidden]>,
> "David B. Held" <dheld_at_[hidden]> wrote:
>
> > Also, types ending in _t tend to be reserved for typedefs of fundamental
> > types
>
> All identifiers ending with _t are reserved by POSIX. Unless you are a part of a
> language or library standard that is part of POSIX (which boost isn't), you
> should stay away from all such identifiers.

</lurk>
(?) I thought that's what namespaces were for. Is the _t reservation a
C equivalent of a reserved namespace? If POSIX defines _t macros I
guess namespaces won't help, but if not why do we need to reserve _t
names for POSIX use?
<lurk>

Max Wilson

--
Ubi solitudinem faciunt, pacem appellant.
They make a desert and call it peace.