From: Igor Kholodov (C.JUMP_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-09-21 11:38:16

I am testing immutable string outside boost, using it
as string type with common text transformation library
(http://cttl.sourceforge.net/). It works quite well,
about 18% speed is gained while parsing large XML
documents (>1MB) when using const_string.

I would like to point out a couple of issues:

First, there seems to be a typo in implementation of
const_string& append(char_t c, size_t n). It should
use a comma instead of dot when calling corresponding
constructor of const_string. See const_string.hpp,
line 444.

Second, a lack of length() member function.

Thanks,

Igor Kholodov
cttl_at_[hidden]