From: Jonathan Wakely (cow_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-09-22 08:19:28

On Tue, Sep 21, 2004 at 09:12:46PM -0500, Aleksey Gurtovoy wrote:

> Half of the signals tests on Linux -- on both Intel and GCC -- crash
> with access violation; for instance (from http://tinyurl.com/6esxs):
>
> Run output []:
>
> /boost/head-regression/boost/boost/test/minimal.hpp(127): exception "signal: memory access violation" caught in function: 'int main(int, char **)'
>
> **** Testing aborted.
> **** 1 error detected
>
> EXIT STATUS: 201
>
> Same for CodeWarrior 8.3 on Windows. Could somebody with access to the
> environment take a look at it, please?

This test:
http://www.meta-comm.com/engineering/boost-regression/developer/output/Martin%20Wille-bin-boost-libs-signals-test-signal_n_test-test-gcc-3-4-1-linux-debug.html
(TinyUrl: http://tinyurl.com/6xdfa )

shows that if libstdc++'s debug mode is used then the test fails because
the debug mode catches an invalid use of a singular iterator.
This is probably what is causing the fails in the other toolsets, except
that the debug mode doesn't intercept the error and so it results in a
crash.

jon

--
"A woman drove me to drink, I never had the courtesy to thank her."
	- W.C. Fields