From: Igor Kholodov (C.JUMP_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-09-26 20:00:24

>> it
>> library
well,

>>> Could you please specify the compiler and STL
>> implementation you use?
>>>

>> Tested with GCC 3.4.1 (mingw) and GCC 3.2.3 on
linux.

>Then, I think, the results are very good because GNU
ISO
>C++ implementation of std::basic_string<> uses
representation sharing with
>reference counting, which is the same thing that
const_string<> does. The
>only difference between the std::basic_string<> and
const_string<> is that
>the latter one uses small string optimization, and, I
think, this is what
>makes it look better.

Glad if this helps. Any plans in the future
to add reverse iterator support to const_string?
I wrote some code to work around the absence
of const_reverse_iterator, rbegin(), and rend(),
all of which would be nice to have available.
Regards,

Igor Kholodov
http://cttl.sourceforge.net/