From: Vladimir Prus (ghost_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-09-27 00:46:59

JOAQUIN LOPEZ MU?Z wrote:

> Hi again Volodya, after thinking this over I'm
> not so sure the mpl::deref thing has anything to do
> with your problem --still, it'd be good to know
> whether it has some impact, if you can do the test
> locally.

As I've mentioned in the other email, the change did not fix the problem.

> I'm afraid we're in Alexsey's hands to
> solve this out.

Seems so.

> BTW, boost/bind/arg.hpp is deceivingly
> simple I can't figure out how its inclusion can
> make a difference.

Well, I can tell one third of the story. The reverse_iter_fold.hpp has this:

   namespace boost { namespace mpl {

    template<
          typename BOOST_MPL_AUX_NA_PARAM(Sequence)
         , typename BOOST_MPL_AUX_NA_PARAM(State)
         , typename BOOST_MPL_AUX_NA_PARAM(BackwardOp)
         , typename ForwardOp = arg<1>

According to the error message, gcc associates 'arg<1>' with boost::arg
(from bind/arg.hpp), while most likely mpl::arg<1> was meant. Two remaining
questions are
- why gcc does that.
- why changing the above to mpl::arg<1> does not fix anything?

- Volodya