From: Fernando Cacciola (fernando_cacciola_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-09-28 16:14:59

"Gennadiy Rozental" <gennadiy.rozental_at_[hidden]> escribió en el mensaje
> "Fernando Cacciola" <fernando_cacciola_at_[hidden]> wrote in message
> > Hi,
> >
> > According to the regression summary, the new numeric conversion library
is
> > in pretty good shape(thanks to Joaquín Muñoz for his latest fixes!)
> >
> > I want to test how far can the new "numeric_cast<>" replace the old one.
> > For that, I want to put the exact same test that's currently used for
the
> > old numeric_cast in the new library.
> > Right now, cast_test.cpp contains numeric_cast<> test with other
> > conversions. I will factor it out, but I have a doubt: it is not using
the
> > Test framework at all, it's just printing the test result to std out.
> >
> > Does the regression scripts parse the output, or these test are just
> wrongly
> > integrated?
> >
> > Should I update those test to use the Unit Test Framework?
> >
> > Fernando Cacciola
> > SciSoft
>
> It basically your choice, but why wouldn't you. I keep repeating during
> formal reviews that test programs could be enhanced here and there would
you
> use Boost.Test (and all it's tools).

I'd rather change it to use at least the minimal test framework, otherwise I
don't see how these results are interpreted.
But then I don't know if there is someone expecting the particular format of
this result and parsing it. If that's the case, my "fix" will we interpreted
as a failure.

Fernando Cacciola
SciSoft