From: Pavol Droba (droba_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-09-29 05:43:10

On Wed, Sep 29, 2004 at 09:33:23AM +0200, Thorsten Ottosen wrote:

> "Pavol Droba" <droba_at_[hidden]> wrote in message
>
> | If I remember correctly your last complain was, that dereferencing the
> iterator
> | does not yield a string, so you cannot manipulate it easily.
> |
> | find_iterator will dereference to an iterator_range. There is plenty of
> goodies
> | in the Boost.Range library that help you to live with it. For instance,
> there
> | are comparison operators between arbitrary range types, and if you need
> | more, you can always convert the range to something else using the
> | copy_iterator_range function (maybe something shorter and easier to use can
> | be provided as well).
>
> copy_range<string>( *it ) should do the work.

Actualy I thought, that we may add a member function to the iterator range.
So that the syntax would be like:

it->copy<string>();

> | Please consider these options. Some of them are not currently available
> since,
> | the StringAlgo lib has not been merged yet with the Range lib (I was afraid
> | to do it before release).
>
> this is a bit unfortunate since we now have two iterator_range classes hanging
> around. Is yours in namespace
> boost::algorithm::string ? If so, a small note about how to avoid clashes
> would be good in the string algo docs.

Good point. If I would knew, that I would take so long to make a release, I would
have converted to use Boost.Range already.

Actualy, is there some estimation when the release will happen?

Regards,

Pavol