From: Beman Dawes (bdawes_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-09-29 08:52:55

At 02:51 AM 9/21/2004, Martin Wille wrote:
>There are two problems:
>
>1. POSIX feature flags get set *after* the first #include of
>a POSIX header. This likely will confuse the POSIX feature flag
>system. This probably also explains why the code later #defines
>flags internally used by that system.
>
>2. The feature flag system special-cases gcc. This makes
>things rather ugly for us because the type returned by
>readdir() changes with the compiler: dirent * for gcc,
>dirent64 * for icc. Those types, however, have the same
>layout if 64 bit support was enabled by #defining
>_FILE_OFFSET_BITS to 64 before #including a POSIX header.

I'm not sure that analysis is correct since (1) it is only affecting one
particular version of one compiler, rather than all POSIX compilers, and
(2) other than some Boost headers, which presumably don't include POSIX
headers, the define is give before inclusion other headers.

It any case, please try moving the define to the first line of the file,
and let me know if that changes the results.

Thanks,

--Beman