From: Joel (joel_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-09-30 00:11:28

David Abrahams wrote:

> "David B. Held" <dheld_at_[hidden]> writes:
>

>>Eric Niebler wrote:
>>
>>>Joel de Guzman and I, with the help of many smart folks on the
>>>boost-docs list[*], have been working on improving the look-n-feel
>>>of Boost's documentation. We're ready to commit the new style, but
>>>wanted to check here first.
>>>[...]
>>
>>I think it looks great! Good work, guys. I agree with Dave that code
>>should be indented for better readability. I'm ambivalent about colors,
>>but I like blue, so I don't have a problem with the colors chosen.
>

> Y'know, I like blue too, but it shouldn't be used for non-links.
> Section headings should be black, just like the rest of the non-linked
> text. Black on white reads much more easily (yes, according to
> research) and that applies to headers as well as body text.

I do not know what the study is but I find black very boring.
I find the blue headings actualy more pleasurable to read.
I'd wish for the blue if you don't have a strong opinion.
I really like the W3C style blue headings. I agreed on the
grey tables with hesitation. Now everything is turning back
to monochommatic grey again. Gimme back my blues... I love
the blues....

Cheers,

--
Joel de Guzman