From: Vladimir Prus (ghost_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-09-30 01:20:23

Doug Gregor wrote:

>>> Spirit.
>>
>> Is it written yet? Would be interesting to see.
>
> I think the parser is written but the semantic actions are not, so it
> isn't functional yet. We're trying to unify on some kind of system for
> dynamic properties, so that we can deal with reading in arbitrary
> vertex/node attributes. I have a GraphML parser that handles dynamic
> properties, which hopefully will also work well in the new GraphViz
> parser. If I get some time post-1.32.0 (hah!), we'll try to get all
> those bits in.

Ok.

>>> Granted, they've dropped support for older, broken compilers,
>>> so someone will still be getting hurt by this.
>>
>> Right. OTOH, I start to wonder if BGL should drop support for old
>> compilers
>> as well. (borland and vc6 are marked unusable already). There seem to
>> be a
>> lot of workaround inside BGL which means even reading the code hard.
>
> We promised to keep the parts of the BGL needed for the Python lib in
> working order.

If Python uses only specific type of a graph, say adjacency_list<vecS, vecS,
directedS, ......>, then it's possible to provide a vc6-friendly definition
of that type, and clean up implementation for all the rest types. Just a
though, for now -- I don't feel right changing all BGL internals *at the
moment*.

- Volodya