From: Guillaume Melquiond (guillaume.melquiond_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-09-30 03:07:35

Le mar 28/09/2004 à 15:20, Guillaume Melquiond a écrit :

> I am not so sure it was a good heuristic. So I committed a small patch
> that unconditionally put std::abs and std::sqrt in the current namespace
> for test/test_float.cpp. My quick tests on Linux don't show any
> difference. Let's see how well it behaves on Windows (maybe some
> problems with Intel compiler in MSVC6 emulation mode?).

Just what I feared, Intel compiler in MSVC6 emulation mode is not able
to compile the test anymore; the compiler doesn't know about std::sqrt
and std::abs. The test was already failing before; but it would be great
if it was compilable, so that it fails for the "correct" reason (at
runtime).

Regards,

Guillaume