From: Guillaume Melquiond (guillaume.melquiond_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-09-28 08:20:13

Le mar 28/09/2004 à 14:18, Aleksey Gurtovoy a écrit :
> Guillaume Melquiond writes:
> > Le dim 26/09/2004 à 09:40, Aleksey Gurtovoy a écrit :
> > > Hmm, it looks like GCC 2.95.3/STLPort didn't get covered by the patch
> > > -- http://tinyurl.com/6e3g5. Is this something we can fix easily?
> >
> > I have committed a small patch. Let's see if it fixes things. I can't be
> > sure it will work since my version of STL is 4.6 and I don't have these
> > problems.
>
> It did! Once again, thanks everybody!

I'm surprised it worked that well. Except for the last one, all the
tests now pass. They shouldn't, since a deficiency with respect to name
resolution should prevent some cmp*.cpp tests from passing (as can be
seen with gcc-2.95.3-linux report). Martin, is the compiler really GCC
2.95 for the STLport tests?

As for the last test (test_float), it seems the compiler does not find
the abs(float) and abs(double) functions. The compilation warning shows
only abs(int) is defined.

I guess the problem lies in the current test code:
#ifndef BOOST_NO_STDC_NAMESPACE
using std::abs;
#endif

I am not so sure it was a good heuristic. So I committed a small patch
that unconditionally put std::abs and std::sqrt in the current namespace
for test/test_float.cpp. My quick tests on Linux don't show any
difference. Let's see how well it behaves on Windows (maybe some
problems with Intel compiler in MSVC6 emulation mode?).

Best regards,

Guillaume