From: Reid Sweatman (drunkardswalk_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-09-30 22:01:53

<snipped>

> I don't see a post by you which appears to be intended for
> this thread ... Wait -- is this it?

No, it was the other one, concerning accessibility.

> > I agree, especially with the remark concerning a
> single-page option;
> > why not turn that into a "print version" if possible? The
> two things
> > I note are that the numbering is left-justified, which
> isn't the norm
> > for a TOC, and that the items B, C, and D at the bottom of
> the first
> > page don't correlate syntactically with anything else on
> the page in
> > an obvious manner, and beg the obvious question concerning A.
>
> If so, could you explain what you mean about the numbering
> being left-justified? Also, I know that I use A, B, C, D as
> section labels in the example website
> (http://tinyurl.com/5wbcw) but otherwise I don't follow you.
> I apologize if this is not the passage you were referring to.

Sorry, but I've lost the message that had the link I looked at. I did look
at the link above, and apart from possible reservations regarding frames,
had no problem with the look and layout. The other link was to a more
complex page that used the JavaScript tree generator; the tree involved had
the problems I mentioned, at least on IE 6.newest.

> Your comments about accessibility in the other thread are
> important, too. With the tree control, I went out of my way
> to make sure pages could be bookmarked and that the
> documentation was viewable with text-only browsers. Are there
> other accessibility problems you see?

Not really. I was speaking generally, from the basis of a quick look-see I
fit into my work schedule and what I know of accessibility standards. I
didn't actually test to see if the frames would bookmark, as I've never run
across any that did. If you've found a generic way to make that work, I
probably need to have a look at what you've got, because it could change the
way major web agencies do business, if so.

Reid