From: Tony Juricic (tonygeek_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-10-01 14:16:52

"Victor A. Wagner Jr." wrote:

> John, I think looking in the registry is a BAD idea... the Environment
> variables are readily visible to users, the registry is NOT

Heh.. some contrarian approach. In general Windoze Registry s**** big time.
However, environment variables are really for people from a few centuries
ago, the folks that works on a single program until they get retired with
honors and magazine articles written in their honir :)

Work on more than 3 open-source cross-platform programs at one time and then
you'll realize how lame is this whole environment variables idea. You want
me to pump up my environment as each and every program that I work with
keeps adding its requirements on the environment? I don't think even Dennis
Ritchie would support it nowadays.

Tony