From: Paul Mensonides (pmenso57_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-10-04 14:31:08

I'm not suggesting that it be the *only* way. What I'm suggesting is that we
have a midpoint transformation that isn't too fancy and PDF's for the website
and the distribution, but also provide the XML sources, a baseline XSLT
transformation source, a semi-fancy XSLT transformation source, and the tools
(i.e. scripts) to produce builds. Over time, more transformations can be added
(if desired) for various purposes (such as generating plaintext, man pages, or
whatever). Thus, there is no requirement on users, but the system is flexible
and open-ended and minimizes the impact of choices such as frames vs. no-frames,
script-based table of contents vs. not, underlined vs. non-underlined links,
color-coded source snippets vs. not, blue headings vs. black headings, etc.,
etc..

Regards,
Paul Mensonides