From: Markus Schöpflin (markus.schoepflin_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-10-06 02:44:34

Peter Dimov wrote:

> Markus Schöpflin wrote:
>
>>> Attached is the output of "gcc -ansi -dM". I hope it contains enough
>>> information to answer your questions. Note also that _REENTRANT is
>>> not defined here, therefore its source must be somewhere outside of
>>> gcc.

>>> #define __digital__ 1
>>> #define __unix__ 1
>>> #define __DECIMAL_DIG__ 36
>>> #define __LDBL_HAS_QUIET_NAN__ 1
>

>>> #define _REENTRANT 1
>

>>> #define __GNUC__ 3
>>> #define __DBL_MAX__ 1.7976931348623157e+308
>>> #define __DBL_HAS_INFINITY__ 1

> Looks like _REENTRANT is defined to 1.

Argl, I hate when this happens. I ran the test with gcc, then started
writing the mail and attached the output, then repeated the test with
-pthread on the command line (which overwrote the output of the previous
test) and then I sent the mail. :-(

Attached is once more the output of the predefined macros. This time, no
_REENTRANT is present. The exact command used was "gcc -ansi -dM -E".

Sorry for the confusion,
Markus