From: Jonathan Wakely (cow_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-10-06 07:02:05

On Wed, Oct 06, 2004 at 12:36:58PM +0100, John Maddock wrote:

> >Attached is the output of "gcc -ansi -dM". I hope it contains enough
> >information to answer your questions. Note also that _REENTRANT is not
> >defined here, therefore its source must be somewhere outside of gcc.
>
> I've been trying to reproduce this using HP's test drive machines,
> unfortunately they all use single-threaded gcc :-(
>
> >From all that's been said it's apparent that _REENTRANT is getting set by
> one of the gcc headers, but which one? This is important because we have a
> consistency problem otherwise (threading support getting turned on
> depending on which headers you happen to have included).

All of the libstdc++ headers will end up including gthr-default.h which
will define _REENTRANT. This is planned to be fixed (see PR 11953) but I
don't know when, possibly 4.0 now.

Shouldn't the attached header test __osf__ not __osl__ ?

jon

--
"There are only two industries that refer to their customers as 'users'."
	- Edward Tufte