From: Michael Stevens (Michael.Stevens_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-10-07 11:39:17

Alekskey,

> Seems like some recent changes brought MSVC to its knees --
> http://tinyurl.com/3vmlv.

Fix is already committed. Tomorrow we should be all green again.

My plan is for this release is to get maximum compatibility with the older
compilers. In particular VC6.5 7.0, GCC 2.95, Intel 7.0, and CV8.3
Then after this release I can drop many of the multitude of workaround
necessary for these.

With regard to Code Warrior I was hoping to develop a fix for the debug mode
compilation errors show up on you metacomm test. I didn't come up with
anything satisfactory however. Do you have any idea why there is such a large
difference between your cw-8.3 and the RSI's cw-8.3-release tests?

I can only see the command line options in the failing build. The only option
I can see which could be of relevance is the '-iso-template on'. If you are
both using stock versions of the build system this same option should be set
for the release build as well.

Thanks for you interest (and hard work),
        Michael