From: JOAQUIN LOPEZ MU?Z (joaquin_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-10-08 10:52:17

----- Mensaje original -----
De: Markus Schöpflin <markus.schoepflin_at_[hidden]>
Fecha: Viernes, Octubre 8, 2004 5:04 pm
Asunto: [boost] Re: [multi_index] problem with gcc 3.4.2 for Compaq
        Tru64 UNIX

> Markus Schöpflin wrote:
>
> > Joaquín Mª López Muñoz wrote:
> >
> >> mips-tfile, /tmp//cctFjnCI.s:10965 string too big (35326 bytes)
> >> line:? #.stabs?"and_<boost::mpl::not_<boost::is_same<boost::mpl:
> >> [very long expression]
> >
> > A quick google search indicates that this is a problem with gcc
> on alpha
> > when compiling with debug symbols. A possible workaround might
> be to use
> > -gstabs instead of -g, I'll try it ASAP.
>
> I did some experiments and the only way to compile these files it
> disable debug symbols completely. I have done that on the toolset
> for gcc
> used for the regression runs, I hope it helps to clean up some of
> the errors.

Thanks for your help!
Indeed, Boost.MultiIndex generates horribly long symbol names,
it's a pita when trying to decode compiler errors (comparatively,
regular STL errors are even pleasant to deal with). I'll have
to think some way to shorten them in future releases.

Joaquín M López Muñoz
Telefónica, Investigación y Desarrollo