From: JOAQUIN LOPEZ MU?Z (joaquin_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-10-12 16:33:13

----- Mensaje original -----
De: Markus Schöpflin <markus.schoepflin_at_[hidden]>
Fecha: Viernes, Octubre 8, 2004 5:04 pm
Asunto: [boost] Re: [multi_index] problem with gcc 3.4.2 for Compaq
        Tru64 UNIX

> Markus Schöpflin wrote:
>
> > Joaquín Mª López Muñoz wrote:
> >
> >> mips-tfile, /tmp//cctFjnCI.s:10965 string too big (35326 bytes)
> >> line:? #.stabs?"and_<boost::mpl::not_<boost::is_same<boost::mpl:
> >> [very long expression]
> >
> > A quick google search indicates that this is a problem with gcc
> on alpha
> > when compiling with debug symbols. A possible workaround might
> be to use
> > -gstabs instead of -g, I'll try it ASAP.
>
> I did some experiments and the only way to compile these files it
> disable debug symbols completely. I have done that on the toolset
> for gcc
> used for the regression runs, I hope it helps to clean up some of
> the errors.

Hi Markus,
I see that the failures are gone, thank you!
Would you be so kind as to explain to me which compiler
options you touched to make this work? I'd like to
add that information on the "Compiler specifics" section
of Boost.MultiIndex docs.

Joaquín M López Muñoz
Telefónica, Investigación y Desarrollo