From: Howard Hinnant (hinnant_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-10-12 18:40:29

On Oct 12, 2004, at 6:56 PM, Jonathan Turkanis wrote:

>> Buy Metrowerks Pro 9 and you will see it. :-)
>
> For some reason I thought it used parts of the Boost code base. I
> gather I was
> wrong?

I implemented it from the TR1 spec. Peter Dimov was a tremendous help
though (jeeze that guy is smart! :-) ). And as Peter recently pointed
out:

> But legalese aside, the most important part of the implementation are
> the tests, anyway. ;-)

I'd agree 100%, but without the smiley. The shared_ptr/weak_ptr spec
implies some of the most subtle code I've ever tried to implement.
Peter's tests really saved the day.

-Howard