From: Jonathan Turkanis (technews_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-10-13 14:04:02

"Israel Fdez. Cabrera" <israel_at_[hidden]> wrote in message
> Jonathan Turkanis wrote:
>
> >>I'm
> >>working too adding support to OLE Compound Documents to the same
> >>library, I'd like to "extract" a containt

> >contained?

> Yes :) my spelling is not good, sorry!

No problem -- I just wanted to make sure I was understanding you.

> >>OLE Document using boost::io
> >>stream interface.
> >>The problem is I'm not sure how to "return or extract" more than one
> >>document or compressed file from a stream.

> >If I understand you correctly, with the current library you need to use the
COM
> >interface to get an instance of IStream which can then be easily wrapped as a
> >seekable resource.

> COM? I need my work to compile in POSIX OSs, like Linux, etc and Windows
> too. More details will be appreciated?

I'm not sure I follow. If you have a linux compatible library for reading OLE
Compound Documents, there should be some class corresponding to IStream. If
you're trying to implement OLE Compound Document support from scratch, it sounds
like a big job and I can't help you much. In my experience, microsoft file
formats are very poorly documented.

> >>All boost examples
> >>boost::io::copy() a whole stream to another but not just part of it.
> >>I'll appreciate any help, best regards and thank you for such a helpful
> >>

> >library
> >
> >I wrote another library with direct support for hierarchical filesystems such
as
> >zip files or OLE Compound Documents. A modified version might be a candidate
for
> >includion in Boost at some future date. I haven't looked at it in a while,
but I
> >believe it supported the following usage:
> >
> How can I take a look to this library? any link to dowload will be great!

The library needs to be cleaned up a lot before I can post it. If there is
sufficient interest, I'll try to do it, but it would be at least a couple months
from now, since I'll be busy trying to get iostreams ready for 1.33.

Best Regards,
Jonathan