From: Israel Fdez. Cabrera (israel_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-10-13 16:51:32

Jonathan Turkanis wrote:

>If you're trying to implement OLE Compound Document support from scratch, it sounds
>like a big job and I can't help you much. In my experience, microsoft file
>formats are very poorly documented.

I'm not thinking implementing OLE Compound Document support from
scratch, it sounds like a big jod, a very big one :). What I'm doing now
is part of a biggest project, so I have no time for that.

>The library needs to be cleaned up a lot before I can post it. If there is
>sufficient interest, I'll try to do it, but it would be at least a couple months
>from now, since I'll be busy trying to get iostreams ready for 1.33.

There is interest in the library, and I'm sure some other have interest
too. iostream is a great step ahead in C++, but with this kind of
support for compressed, OLE files and maybe more, it will be just
fantastic. It is fantastic to compress and decompress file in just 6
lines of code dont you think? :)
Let's think I have to use other library, i.e. libgsf from GNU. I have
the following doubt. I have a single OLE file, I open() it using a
boost::io stream, how more than one stream can be obtained from a single
one, taking this OLE file has more than one contained file? The same
reasoning could be applied to compressed files. How to extract more than
one compressed file using Iostream.

>Best Regards,
>Jonathan

thanks in advance, best regards