From: Dan Eloff (dan.eloff_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-10-17 18:12:16

I would go ahead an use boost::signals, and if later you profile your
code and find they produce a signifigant performance penalty, replace
them. They may not be that fast, but if you're doing something a
100,000 times slower in your code, you really won't notice the 0.001%
overhead they add. As always premature optimization is a waste of
time, effort, and money. Only ever optimize if a) you've profiled and
identified the code as a bottleneck or b) you're concerned it will be
a bottleneck AND the alternative is similarily easy to implement and
use, then you could get away with using your alternative from the
start.

-Dan