From: Erik Wien (wien_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-10-19 11:08:43

----- Original Message -----
From: "Patrick Bennett" <patrick.bennett_at_[hidden]>

> Erik, be sure to take a look at IBM's open-source ICU library:
> http://oss.software.ibm.com/icu/

I have looked at the ICU library, and it's a very good unicode
implementation, but the goal of my project will be to create a library that
is in a form that could be standardized in boost, and from what I have
seen/read, ICU is not really suited for that. ICU's errorhandling
(errorcodes instead of exceptions), naming convention etc. are some
problems.

If the ICU licence is boost compatible, it would be possible to base an
implementation on ICU however, but that will be determined if the project is
approved by my college.