From: Beman Dawes (bdawes_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-10-19 16:10:17

At 10:22 PM 10/18/2004, Erik Wien wrote:

>I really feel the C++ language needs some form of standardized unicode
>support, and developing such a library within the boost community would
>be a very good way to ensure it fits everybody's needs the best possible
>way.

Are you aware of the Unicode Technical Report (TR) being prepared by the C
committee? See http://www.open-std.org/jtc1/sc22/wg14/www/docs/n1040.pdf

While there is no guarantee, it is a definite possibility that the C++
committee will use this C TR as part of Unicode support in C++. Because
this TR is so limited in scope (it just has a few conversion functions),
that probably won't cause problems for a C++ Unicode library, but you
should still be aware of the data types introduced.

--Beman