From: Russell Hind (rh_gmane_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-10-20 08:46:51

Hi,

I'm writing some binary data to an xml_oarchive (a vector of floats).

I'm then giving the xml files to some python uses we have here so they
can read them in. They had trouble with the base64 encoding of the
binary data.

One has mentioned that base64 spec says an '=' must be appended to the
data to indicate the padding up to the next 4-byte multiple.

When they added an '=' to the data between the tags in the resultant xml
file, they could decode it successfully.

If it is in the spec (am trying to find a link to check this), can the
the base64 encoding in serialize be modified to do this before the
1.32.0 release, so it conforms to the standard?

Thanks

Russell