From: Russell Hind (rh_gmane_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-10-20 09:34:45

Ok, looking at the spec from http://www.faqs.org/rfcs/rfc1521.html
section 5.2, = is only needed when the data doesn't end on a
four-character boundary, and is used to pad it to a four-character boundary.

Does the encoding in serialize do this? (the data stream we had was
long, so not sure exactly how many characters were in it as the XML file
is hard to calculate this due to line breaks etc).

When adding a single '=' to our data sent, the pythong decoding routine
decoded it correctly which implies one character padding was necessary
for our data and it doesn't look to have been added by serialize.

Thanks

Russell