From: Thorsten Ottosen (nesotto_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-10-20 11:09:54

Hi Paul,

"Paul A Bristow" <pbristow_at_[hidden]> wrote in message
| Sadly I was not able to attend The Redmond meeting to present proposals
| myself,

Yeah, those who actually had implemented tr1 math functions was saying it was
simply too hard to implement.

| I find this response rather baffling considering the importance of these
| functions for even the most basic statistics.

FWIW, I agree with that and mentioned that at the meeting.

| So I am now asking for your views on if it is worth producing a Boost
| library version based on the existing Cephes implementation by Steven
| Moshier who has kindly agreed to make it available under the Boost licence
| terms.

I would be *very* interested in that since I need something to be able to move
on with boost.stat

| I am sure you will understand I would not want to put a lot of effort into
| this, only to have it rejected by Boosters.
|
| Please let me have your views on if and how to progress this topic.

I would of course vote strongly in favor of such a library. So please go
forward with the idea about
wrapping a implementation with a boost licence.

Once we have it in boost, I can start doing stuff in boost.stat. I hope this
can be made into a standard proposal, which might then provide additional
reason for the math functions to be in the standard.

best regards

Thorsten