From: Russell Hind (rh_gmane_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-10-20 12:15:45

Michael Glassford wrote:

> We intentionally allow the static library to be built for currently
> unsupported compilers so that people can experiment with their own tss
> cleanup for those compilers. The hope is that this will help to get
> those compilers supported. If you try to use the static library for an
> unsupported compiler and don't provide your own tss cleanup method,
> Boost.Threads generates a link error to prevent you from doing this.

Thats fine, but my system just gave a link error saying it was still
looking for the dynamic version of the lib, even though I'd set my
project to build everything statically. It should have been looking for
libboost_thread.... not boost_thread... Maybe an auto-link problem for
Borland? If I get the chance, I may investigate further, but am happy
to keep running the dynamic lib for now.

Thanks

Russell