From: Russell Hind (rh_gmane_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-10-20 12:17:47

Robert Ramey wrote:
> When I wrote the code for encoding/decoding base64 I didn't include the
> trailing "=" required by the standard defnition of base64. This was for a
> couple of reasons:
>
> a) My de-serialization code didn't require the existence of "=" padding
> characters
> b) I didn't anticipate that the base64 text would be used by applications
> other than serialization
> c) I was short of time and had lots of other things to do.
>
> We'll take a look at this for 1.33.

In that case, is there a way I can get a 'string' of base64 encoded data
from the archive and write it as a string so I can handle this myself?
I'm trying to generate data that can be passed by other systems but if
it doesn't add this stuff in, then thats harder to do.

I'm happy to call the encoding routine myself and append the data if you
can give some pointers as to how I do this?

Thanks

Russell