From: Brian Braatz (brianb_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-10-22 16:54:46

Jeff Garland:
> Sure having good support for native drivers is fine, but I think it is
> much,
> much, harder to achieve. So my push for ODBC binding is primarily to
meet
> the
> 'all major databases' supported quickly.
>
> Jeff

[Brian Braatz]
>From a practical point of view, I believe Jeff to be 100% right here. I
have been searching for a good solution for this, and the odbc \
unixodbc path gets a framework up and running quickly.

I would add that it would be nice to have that framework support
"unplugging" the odbc aspect and placing in native or other drivers
later.

I view this perspective as the scaffolding that supports the statue,
while the statue is being carved :)