From: Brian Braatz (brianb_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-10-25 08:19:25

[mailto:boost-bounces_at_[hidden]]
> On Behalf Of David B. Held
> Sent: Friday, October 22, 2004 7:08 PM
> To: boost_at_[hidden]
> Subject: [boost] Re: Library Proposal: database (boost::db)
>
> Jeff Garland wrote:
> > On Fri, 22 Oct 2004 15:07:46 -0600, Brian Braatz wrote
> > [...]
> >>6) Allows for the user of the library to "plug in" thier own binding
> >>\ subscription system. (to support bound controls) "
> >
> > Can you clarify what you mean by 'bound controls'?
>
> I assume he means a visual control that automagically reflects an
> underlying dataset (and updates it when the control gets updated).
>
> Dave
[Brian Braatz]
I just need (for work I am doing) an abilty to PLUG something that gets
called when the data is changed. This functionality supports making a OS
Specific binding mechanism for UI controls.

(yes there is another way to do it- I tend to prefer the "bind it once
and then forget it" metaphor)