From: John Torjo (john.lists_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-10-28 12:34:56

> Usually you have to suffer the pain of the disk-writes because
> you need the log-file to analyze the reason of some crash and
> then the unflushed memory buffer to loose would not help much...
>
> The problem of disk space is normally solved by log rotating
> (parameters line maxlogfilesize and maxlogfilecount of a
> usual logging framework).

Indeed - I want to add cyclic logs (or rotating, if you wish) to the
logging lib - in the very near future.

Still, Darren, I think it should be pretty easy do do such a class
yourself - I assume it should not be too difficult.

Best,
John

--
John Torjo,    Contributing editor, C/C++ Users Journal
-- "Win32 GUI Generics" -- generics & GUI do mix, after all