From: Caleb Epstein (caleb.epstein_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-10-29 07:03:24

On Thu, 28 Oct 2004 19:29:18 +0200, John Torjo <john.lists_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> Dear boosters,
>
> Finally, have had some time to update the logging lib.
> Get it from: http://www.torjo.com/
> (of course, it comes packed with docs)

Would it make sense to use a shared_ptr<appender> instead of a functor
for the appenders? The most commonly used appender, write_to_file is
going to open and close the log file on every write, if I am reading
the code correctly. This seems to me like far too much overhead to
bear in real use.

Still trying to wrap my head around the design, but overall it looks super.

--
Caleb Epstein
caleb.epstein_at_[hidden]