From: Beman Dawes (bdawes_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-11-02 15:06:02

At 12:39 PM 11/2/2004, Robert Ramey wrote:

>Actually after poking around in other pages - specifically the spirit
>documentation I find that its not uncommon for links to point to
>www.boost.org rather than have a relative path that would keep the
session
>in the same documentation tree. This would seem to conflict with the
idea
>that boost should be usable as a CDROM distribution.
>
>I don't know if there's time for this but the inspect should be enhanced
>check for this and all the offending global links should be altered to
>relative ones.

We tried to do that at one time, but gave up because it is a bit tricky.
Some absolute www.boost.org references are correct, such as to the LICENSE
file, so it isn't as simple as just searching for "www.boost.org/" in .htm?
files.

I've just taken a look (using grep) at the CVS RC (not the tarball) and it
seems that while the problem does happen, particularly in spirit and graph
libraries, it isn't really horrible.

I'd say we can wait until after the release ships, then see if we can come
up with some logic that doesn't generate a lot of false positives.

--Beman