From: Erik Wien (wien_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-11-05 08:44:33

Doug Gregor wrote:

> Interestingly enough, at the Boost workshop at OOPSLA last week we
> discussed doing this for anyone bringing their first library up for
> review. A mentorship program, so to speak, where seasoned Boosters would
> help navigate the review process in the hope of bringing more libraries up
> to formal review.

Interesting. Would such a "mentor" be available throughout the development
process, or would this only be for the last push towards the review?

> Here is one question for you, however: do you think that this "contact
> person" needs to have solid knowledge of Unicode to be helpful for you?

Not necessarily. I'm not quite sure as of yet what being our contact person
would imply (waiting for a response from HiG), so I can't say for sure, but
me asking for a contact person is basically to keep my college happy! ;) I
highly doubt we will be doing any development in collaboration with that
person specifically, but rather the entire community, so strictly speaking,
deep knowledge of Unicode shouldn't really be required. I will get back to
you on that when I know for sure though!

Regards
- Erik