From: Thorsten Ottosen (nesotto_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-11-07 06:08:27

"Victor A. Wagner Jr." <vawjr_at_[hidden]> wrote in message

| >| genericity (or at

| >| clothing

| >|
| >| I completely agree with this. It makes no sense to have a C++ library
| >| that does not use the full strength of the language.
| >

| >This view has already been expressed several times
| >
| >- but we have to face the fact that
| >C99 and Walter Brown's functions are already in TR-1 to achieve C
| >compatibility.
| >I consider it essential to follow their example.
|
| F*** C comparability!!! (I gotta go make that bumper sticker suCks
| (with the C in a different color))
| the language should have died a decade ago.
| In case anyone else doesn't get it, C++ is simply a better
| language. Staying tied to a dinosaur is foolish.

It might be worth looking at what benefits we can get out of a templated
version.

Would it for example, be possible to use the code with a big_floats class?

At any rate, wouldn't it be possible to have a genuine C++ version with
exceptions and all and then
provide simple wrappers for C compatibility:

extern "C"
{
    void foo( ... );
}