From: Larry Evans (cppljevans_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-11-09 17:58:31

On 11/09/2004 03:10 PM, Robert Ramey wrote:
[snip]
>>>How is this simpler or more transparent than
>>>
>>>for(some_array::iterator i=some_array.begin(); i != some_array.end();
>
> ++i)
[snip]

> I see only the smallest difference here.

Yes, as far as this example shows. I haven't look at other examples;
however, I've coded this range idea myself just using something
derived from pair<iterator,iterator>. There's was something
already in boost that had ranges; however, I couldn't use it for
some reason. I've also seen ranges coded elsewhere (in the polaris
compiler at uiuc). If it's occurring so often, maybe it's worth
having a library.

Also, could someone tell me the reason for having, I believe
Thorsten's, range library as well as this one? I've found
the Thorsten's hard to use because it doesn't have a dereference
function or advance function. How can these operations be done
on ranges in that library?