From: Vladimir Prus (ghost_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-11-10 08:25:53

Hi JOLY,

> I'm trying to build boost::python on my windows box, but I encounter
> some problems in the build process. First, some info about my versions :
>
> * I'm using the draft tarballs of the long expected version 1.32 that
> can be found on
> http://www.meta-comm.com/engineering/boost/200411020208/boost_1_32_0.zip
>
> * I have a pyton 2.4 installed on my computer
>
> I'm using bjam --v2 to build boost.
>
> First problem I had was that the doc specified to set the PYTHON_ROOT
> variable to my python installation path, but it looks like the script
> look for a PYTHON_PATH variable. Either the scripts of the documentation
> should be corrected.
>
> Second problem, even if the doc claims that the variable PYTHON_VERSION
> can be set to any version at least 2.2, in tha script, I can see what
> looks to me (I'm totally new to bjam) like an hard-coded value :
>> # Declare a target for the python interpreter library
>> lib python : : <name>python22 <search>$(PYTHON_PATH)/libs ;
>> PYTHON_LIB = python ;

The primary problem is that Boost.Build V2 does not has good support for
Boost.Python. So for now you can try to change that "python22" to
"python24".

This is going to change in very near future, I'm already have the beginning
of the proper support. However, I'm afraid it won't appear in 1.32.

- Volodya