From: Jared McIntyre (jmcintyre_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-11-11 19:53:11

>>Which is why I like to use the native GUI system if available to
>>develop the GUI. Every platform has its own quarks, and the users
>>really can tell the difference.
>>
>True. I want to make it easy for win32gui to be ported to other platforms.
>
>Then, when using win32gui, you'll be able to choose from:
>- use all of your OS's GUI power (go native)
>- choose the lowest common denominator (easier to go platform independent)
>- use a mix of the two
>
>Best,
>John

You may want to change the name as the first part of porting 8-).

But seriously, I need to sit down and take a closer look at what you
already have so I can understand it better. I've really only had a
chance to glance over it. Then I should be able to take more time to
get into the discussion. But, what we are talking about is something
I've wanted for a very long time, so I'd be very interested in
pitching in where I can in whatever project comes out of this. I
have a great deal of interest in seeing this developed out for
WTL/Win32 and Cocoa (through Obj-C++) as well as GNUStep as a logical
extension of the last one.

Jared McIntyre